Balloon Festival |
||Welcomes Scouts of all ages.
CLICK HERE to view the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) about Scout Groups Camping at the Flying Circus
Scouts are welcome to camp at the Flying Circus Aerodrome year-round. We do have a few rules regarding camping at the airport, these are mainly for the safety of the campers and the pilots using the airport:
CLICK HERE to view the Flying Circus Scout Camping Schedule
- Permission for camping is required, and can be obtained by contacting the FCA Scouting coordinator, Joe Callen (Scouts@FlyingCircusAirshow.com), or the Flying Circus (Info@FlyingCircusAirshow.com).
- There will be no camping on the runway/hanger side of the fence.
- Please do not enter any of the hangers/buildings on the airport without the approval of a Flying Circus Staff member.
- Adult supervision and caution are required when using any of the fields on the runway/hanger side of the fence --- Remember there are two grass runways, and you may be right in the middle of one and not even realize it. While airport traffic is rare on non-airshow days, planes do use the airport.
- Camp fires are permitted, but they must be supervised by an adult or a Scout with the "Fire'em" Chit (or Girl Scout equivalent).
- If your troop is not planning to stay for the airshow, please plan to depart by 11:00 AM on Sunday.
There are both restrooms and several Port-a-John's on the airport, and there are water spigots behind the snack bar and behind the restroom building. There are also ample picnic tables.
To show our support for scouting, we have instituted special discount admissions for Scouts and their leaders. These rate will be in effect throughout the airshow season for Uniformed Scout Groups:
- Daisy/Brownie/Girl Scouts (3-12 yrs.) --- $5.00
- Cub/Webelos/Boy Scouts (3-12 yrs. ) --- $5.00
- Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts/Adult Leaders --- $10.00
All Scouts and Leaders should be in Full Uniform (per your BSA/GSA units standards).
NOTE: Scout Group Rates Are Not Available during the Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival Weekend
Please have one of your leaders collect the admission fees and bring them to the gate, along with the count of leaders/scouts from your unit.
The Airshow starts at 2:30 pm (gates open at 11 am) and the show ends at 4:30 pm. Airplane rides are available before and after the show (purchase ride tickets at the gift shop).
If you have any questions, please send me an email.
FCA Scouting Coordinator